Many of us use deodorant to prevent unpleasant smell when we perspire. I was guilty of that few years back. Then I realized how the ingredients inside commercial deodorants would create havoc in the hormonal, lymphatic, immune, and other body systems sooner or later. Some of the common ingredients found in the commercial deodorants are:
- Aluminium. It has been linked to breast cancer in women and increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Propylene glycol. It is a petroleum-based material and it has slick consistency. Studies have shown that it can cause damage to the central nervous system, liver and heart in large quantities.
- Parabens. It can disrupts our delicate hormonal system. Paraben exposure has also been linked to birth defects and organ toxicity.
- Phthalates. High phthalate blood and urine levels in women of child bearing age have been linked to a higher risk of birth defects. This suggests that phthalates may disrupt hormone receptors as well as increase the likelihood of cell mutation.
- Triclosan. It is utilized as the odor killing part of antiperspirants for its anti-bacterial properties. It is also commonly used in antibacterial wipes, soaps, and hand gels. It is actually classified as a pesticide by the FDA and also classified as a probable carcinogen by the Environmental Protection Agency.
I have stopped using commercial deodorants few years back. I turn to Young Living deodorants and essential oils.
Here are few examples of YL products which you can use as deodorant.
† Seed Oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender)† Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Furancoumarin-free Bergamot)† Peel Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Melaleuca Alternifolia† (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Quinquenervia Oil (Niaouli)† Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang)† Flower Oil, Syzgium Aromaticum (Clove)† Oil.
If you like my articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils or have further clarifications, please drop me a message here or email me at email@example.com
If you are ready to sign up as member to purchase, you can click here I would love to support you in using the oils for yourself and your loved ones